Saturday, November 24, 2007

Crystal Oil...... - Saturday, November 24, 2007

Was very busy playing with jelly balls (for plants) and most happy with the crystal oil lamp for my altar. Well, first of all the jelly balls. I bought 2 packs of whites, 1 pack of red (turned orange when soaked) and 1 pack of purple (turned blue ... sigh....). Soaked all of them and was really fun (stressed more like it as every now and then .... I'll put my fingers in and watch them 'grow' round ... hehehehe...) playing with them ! I also bought 6 stalks of the now 'in' five claws dragon bamboo plant - one word - BEAUTIFUL !!!

As for the crystal oil lamp - I saw the plastic version at my sister's place. She told me that nowadays, people use crystal oil (smokeless) so that the ceiling won't turn yellow or black wor... So I bought her logic wholesale ... but I don't think so lor.... I think it still emit smoke !! Anyway, I don't like plasticky things and then I saw this cute crystal lamp and was hooked !!! Now I am also using crystal oil but.... frankly, I have always like oil lamps - don't know why... so no regrets.

Today is the Lunar Calendar 10th month Full Moon (15th) day and I have been calm all day. Recently, during one of the Dhamma talks I attended, it was said that every month when the new moon comes on, a person's energy/emotions will ebb and when it is the full moon - it will surge (!!!) /overflow/explode !!! OMG I really believe it because I have the experience and at that time I don't understand why !! Now I know better. I also hope I can do my meditation ....

Surprise, surprise !! Got a call from an old colleague and it has really been a long time since I last heard from him. Going to meet up tomorrow with other friends too !! Yipee !!! Never realise I was always 'so busy' during my working life that I don't seem to have time for 'friends'.. now I know better ! That's why it's a real joy when friends come a-visiting !!

My kwai chai is having his monthly 'period' again (bad hair day??!!!) and I just ignored him !! Previously, I'll be fuming inside but now (still fumed a bit) arggh... let it be lah !! Like father like son !!! Came to a conclusion. Both these men do not know how to APPRECIATE !!!! Huh ...!!!
Never mind... it's their loss, right??? Aha... wisdom coming (to me) ... yeah...yeah...yeah...

Finally, finished my listing of the Dhamma books for the centre. Wah... my ex-colleague really look me up eh! Ask me to be a committee member to organise a Dhamma Talk ! Wah lau eh... what do I know about all these event thingy????? He said I have the experience wor... Aiy? Hello?? Just because I used to organise corporate trainings/meetings, etc., doesn't mean I know how to organise 'Dhamma Talks' !!! More so when it involves a prominent speaker like Datuk And I was so gung-ho ... I said.......let's form a committee first and meet !!! Well, never say 'die' ok??!!! The 'talk' is scheduled to be in January 2008 - wah... he really trust me to meet deadlines because he has seen it all these years !!! Trouble is - I am getting on mah.... energy level not so strong already !! hehehehehe.......but .... once the adrenaline gets pumping ... hmmm... feeling good... feeling good....

Sigh... mountain of laundry to iron.... and so sleepy.... wanted to read Bhante Suvanno's Part II of the 31 Planes of Existence !!! Go hang the ironing !!! The men can wear pandan leaves for all I care !!! Moreover, tomorrow kai kai.... hehehehe.... yipee !!

Snoozzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee.........

No comments: